After exploring the streets of Downtown Leavenworth or indulging in a full afternoon of retail therapy in the shops, there’s nothing like enjoying some quiet time in Front Street Park. This beautifully landscaped park is located in the very heart of downtown and provides a serene and welcoming place to take a break on one of the benches or view the lovely flowers. It’s also the site for some of Leavenworth’s most exciting festivals and celebrations. Here is everything you need to know about Front Street Park in Leavenworth, WA and what you can expect during your visit.
Leavenworth, WA is an enchanting destination just waiting to be discovered by you. Find all the best recommendations for local activities, shopping, dining, and places like Front Street Park in our free Vacation Guide. It’s all you’ll need to plan the perfect getaway to Leavenworth that you’ll always remember.
The Best Things to Do at Front Street Park in Leavenworth
Front Street Park can be found right in Leavenworth’s business district. You’ll immediately recognize it as soon as you spot the city’s iconic gazebo and the Maibaum (Maypole). In the spring and summer, the park comes alive with colorful flowers and lush foliage. During the fall months, the stunning autumn colors thrive and Front Street Park becomes an ideal spot for pictures and socializing. In the winter, watch the gardens transform into a wonderland of holiday cheer. Christmas lights are strung overhead like dazzling stars and the park is filled with sledders and holiday shoppers.
Front Street Park Events
There is also a plethora of major events that are celebrated in Front Street Park! Here are just a few upcoming festivals that you’ll want to mark on your calendars.
- Maifest (May): This German tradition is one of the most highly-anticipated events of the year! You won’t want to miss all the fantastic Bavarian food, sword demonstrations, traditional art, or the chance to dance around the maypole for good luck!
- Leavenworth Wine Walk (June and September): Take a stroll through Downtown Leavenworth and sample some of the region’s best wines along the way! More than 20 tasting rooms and sites will be providing visitors with tasty selections from wineries all over Leavenworth.
- Autumn Leaf Festival (October): As one of the oldest celebrations in Washington state, the Autumn Leaf Festival aims to promote goodwill in Leavenworth and community participation. It’s also a great way to kick off the autumn season and take in the fall beauty of the Cascades.
- Christmas Lighting Festival (December): Three weekends in December are dedicated to lighting up the night with holiday cheer. Gather in the park for sleigh rides, caroling, roasted chestnuts, and meetings with your favorite holiday characters!
- Bavarian Icefest (January): Leavenworth shows their love for winter through a full day of chillingly fun activities! You’ll enjoy extraordinary live ice carvings, competitions, games, and incredible snow sculptures.
Book the Ultimate Leavenworth Getaway With Pine River Ranch
Nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, our charming bed & breakfast is the perfect accommodation for the getaway of your dreams. The romantic and peaceful destination sets the stage for a truly memorable stay.
Our rustic-style suites exude the inn’s unique charm and provide a perfect break from the typical Leavenworth hotel experience. You will also love our wide array of luxury amenities and vacation specials that are designed to enhance your stay with us.
Reserve your room today for a romantic escape you’ll want to return to again and again!