Seattle, WA has certainly earned a spot among one of the top cities on the west coast. However, if you’re a resident of the area, you’ll understand that taking a break from the city and immersing yourself in the natural beauty of Washington State can be exactly what the doctor ordered!
If you’re interested in unforgettable weekend getaways from Seattle in winter, let us be your guide! Leavenworth, WA has been rated as Washington’s top winter destination and offers a plethora of ways for visitors to both relax and embark on exciting new adventures.
Read on to discover fun Leavenworth activities that you won’t want to skip during your vacation, the best place to stay, and more.
You’ll also find a wide variety of other fun activities and attractions in our complimentary Leavenworth Vacation Guide!
Where to Stay in Leavenworth, WA
Forgo the typical hotel stays and treat yourselves to a truly unique and memorable lodging experience with us at Pine River Ranch.
Our gorgeous bed and breakfast and wedding venue is nestled within the beauty of the Cascade Mountains and just minutes from the Bavarian village of Leavenworth. It truly is the best of both worlds if you’re searching for a relaxing and private escape near your favorite local attractions.
During your stay, you’ll be spoiled with warm hospitality, thoughtfully-appointed guest suites, a piping hot breakfast delivered straight to your door each morning, and more. It’s everything you and your sweetheart will need for the romantic escape of a lifetime.
3 Fun Things to Do During Weekend Getaways From Seattle in Winter
1. Browse the Shops and Restaurants in Downtown Leavenworth
Formerly a small logging town by the name of Icicle Flats, Leavenworth has quickly grown to become one of the state’s top vacation destinations, and the German-inspired village is certainly one of the major reasons why.
The traditional Bavarian architecture and fairy-tale worthy charm make Downtown Leavenworth a one-of-a-kind attraction in and of itself. As you wander down the streets, be sure to stop and visit the quaint shops and restaurants that catch your eye.
2. Explore Local Museums
When the weather is a bit too chilly or you’re searching for the perfect rainy day activity, you’ll hardly do better than visiting Leavenworth’s incredible museums.
The Leavenworth Nutcracker Museum is by far the most popular and houses over 6,000 traditional nutcrackers from all over the world. During your visit, you’ll also have the chance to take a photo with Karl, one of the most photographed icons in town, or take off on a scavenger hunt throughout the museum.
The Upper Valley Museum is another great choice and beautifully illustrates the history of Leavenworth and the surrounding area. It’s a must for history buffs and those who want to learn more about the origins of our Bavarian destination.
3. Find Adventure in the Great Outdoors
Even during the winter season, Leavenworth is a haven for outdoor activity! Whether you’re looking for a leisurely way to explore the snow-laden landscape or a thrilling activity to write home about, you’ll be sure to find an exciting way to spend a fun-filled afternoon in Leavenworth.
Here are just a few of our favorite wintertime activities that we’re sure you’ll want to add to your itinerary.
- Skiing: Leavenworth Ski Hill is a great spot for experienced skiers and beginners alike to tear up the slopes all season long. This is also the home of the only American ski jump on the west coast and a thrilling snow tubing hill!
- Snowshoeing: This winter activity is one of the most versatile and budget-friendly that you’ll find in Leavenworth. Put on your snowshoes and get ready to traverse through a stunning winter wonderland on-foot. Our rustic bed & breakfast in Leavenworth provides free snowshoes for guests and will even offer a quick lesson if you’re new to the sport.
- Sleigh Rides: To add a bit of romance to your day trip, we highly recommend a memorable sleigh ride in Leavenworth! There are quite a few spots in and around the Bavarian village that provide horse-drawn sleigh rides through Leavenworth’s winter landscape. Get cozy under a warm blanket and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
Book Your Winter Weekend Getaways in Washington Right Now!
If you’re ready to escape to Leavenworth this winter, may we suggest booking our lovely Lodgepole Suite?
This inviting accommodation is ideal for romantic getaways and features an enchanting real rock propane fireplace, radiant floor heat, a comfortable pine log bed, a private deck, and more.
Also, don’t forget to check out our irresistible vacation packages and specials to discover how you can enjoy more during your weekend getaway.
Book your favorite suite at Pine River Ranch today and we’ll see you soon!