Leavenworth is a utopia for unique and interesting shops, but one that stands out from them all is The Cheesemonger! Offering a wide variety of the world’s best cheeses, The Cheesemonger sends your taste buds on a fantastic journey through an artisan heaven. Whether you’re looking to try something different or find the perfect gift, look no further than this Leavenworth treasure!
Discover even more Leavenworth shops like The Cheesemonger in our Free Vacation Guide! It lists all the best local recommendations and suggestions for the ultimate getaway.
What to Expect at The Cheesemonger in Leavenworth
Nestled in the heart of the Cascade Mountain’s Bavarian village, The Cheesemonger offers a little something for everyone to enjoy. Visitors are greeted with a nearly endless selection of imported and domestic cheeses ranging from goudas, cheddars, swiss, and much more! Some of their selections are even crafted with fresh goat and sheep milk, creating a one-of-a-kind flavor. In addition to delicious artisan cheeses, you will also be able to choose gourmet food items from Germany, England, and Holland. Pair your favorite cheeses with an authentic German sausage or crackers for a fully complete tasting experience. The shop also offers Leavenworth’s best beers and ales, which is just the cherry on top!
4 of Our Favorite Cheeses
With dozens of fine cheeses to try, it’s almost impossible to pick the best! To help get you started, here is a brief list of our personal favorite choices.
- Bella Vitano with Raspberry Ale: This unique American cheese is flavored with a light raspberry ale. The sweet flavor pairs perfectly with the sharpness of the cheese.
- Butterkase: This is one of the shop’s best-selling German cheeses! Indulge in the mild and creamy texture that is delightfully accented with a soft, buttery taste.
- Cahill’s Irish Porter: It’s just as delicious as it looks! This cheese is created with dark Irish beer, which gives it the lacey appearance.
- Drunken Goat: Imported from Spain, this goat cheese treat is marinated in a rich red wine. Many people enjoy its slightly sharp flavor and semi-soft texture.
- Jalapeno Havarti: Don’t let the name fool you! While the jalapenos give this Danish cheese an extra kick, it is not too hot! It’s perfect for those who enjoy pepper-jack cheese.
- Saint-Andre- Triple Crème Brie: Consistent of 75% butterfat, this is one of the richest cheeses you’ll ever taste. It’s slightly stronger flavor is unique among bries and makes a perfect side dish while drinking red wines.
Cheesemonger in Leavenworth Club
Made for only the most dedicated cheese fans, the Cheese of the Month club brings the best flavors directly to you! Members will have delectable selections, hand-picked by or our cheese experts, delivered to their door each month! You can expect to see at least 1 to 1 ½ pounds of the best and most rare selections. The price is only $30 per month and is a great way to bring the beloved Leavenworth shop home with you.
Discover the Best of Leavenworth During Your Stay at Pine River Ranch
Escape the generic hotel experience and treat yourself to the vacation of a lifetime in our renowned bed and breakfast! Our beautiful guest suites boast a rustic charm and are perfect for couples on a romantic getaway. We also provide our visitors with some of the best amenities in the region and a daily gourmet breakfast delivered straight to their door each morning. Book your dream vacation to Leavenworth today or enhance your stay with one of our tempting extras!