If you’re on vacation in Washington and it’s raining, you might be wondering about some fun, indoor activities you can do! And since we know what you can do on vacation in adverse weather we want to give you some great ideas. There are plenty of fun indoor activities in Leavenworth! So, read on if you want to know what to do in Washington when it rains.
The first thing you can do on your rainy day is to download our free Vacation Guide. It is packed full of all the best places to eat and visit while you’re on vacation in Leavenworth, WA. And Leavenworth has many amazing things to do in any weather, so don’t miss out!
Mix and Match These 7 Exciting Ideas for Indoor Activities in Leavenworth
1. Visit Museums
Learn how Leavenworth, WA, came to be throughout the years. Greater Leavenworth Museum is packed full of historical information going back to the town’s early days. To learn more about Leavenworth’s history, read our blog in Everything You Need to Know About Leavenworth History for a good primer, and then check out this fantastic museum!
Another great museum is the Nutcracker Museum located right next door. View a collection of 9000 Nutcrackers made in 50 countries, displayed under one roof. This museum received the 2022 Traveler’s Award!
2. Eat Dinner Out at a Restaurant or Bar
Here are three great places to eat dinner out in Leavenworth, WA. It was hard to pick just a few.
- Have a traditional brat or a giant pretzel with a frosty German beer at Rhein Haus.
- Grab a beer and burger at a rustic bar called, The Loft.
- Try the most authentic Bavarian food in Leavenworth, WA, at Andreas Keller Restaurant.
There are so many places to eat in Leavenworth, WA, that we wrote a separate blog about the Best Places to Eat in Leavenworth!
3. Visit Breweries, Wineries, or Distilleries
Just like restaurants, there are also a lot of places to go for spirits. You could easily make a vacation out of it. We grabbed a few for you here, but be sure to read the more extensive list!
- Visit people who are excited about wine at WooHoo Winery. Their tasting room is open every weekend, and they love having fun talking about wine!
- Try a new cocktail and enjoy the views of Lake Chelan at Blue Spirits Distilling.
- Taste wines in a beautiful setting on a hilltop at Silvara Cellars.
4. Stay In and Do Indoor Activities in Leavenworth, WA
5. Grab Coffee, Chocolates, Candy, or Cookies
This will surely make you feel like you’re in heaven with all this chocolate and sweets! Check out the list and be sure to save some for the trip home!
- Get coffee or chocolate and play a game of chess or checkers at Icicle Coffee & Chocolates.
- Eat fudge from the Fudge Hut and take a picture with their big foot statue! Don’t forget your umbrella!
- Get an espresso from J5 Coffee Shop and Espresso Bar and find a unique gift for a loved one.
- Gift your family or partner with European-style handmade, small-batch chocolates at the Schocolat shop in Leavenworth.
- Take a factory tour at Aplets and Cotlets Candies. They started their business in 1920!
- Buy cookies and a gingerbread house you can make with your family from The Gingerbread Factory.
6. Visit Unique Shops You Won’t Find Anywhere Else
At Kris Kringl, it is Christmas all year long. Find unique holiday décor, Christmas ornaments, and gifts!
If you like to nerd out on comic books and fun, eclectic stuff, stop by the Krampus Kave and check out their games, snacks, and comic books. Word has it that there is even a place to grab a beer in the back!
7. Have a Family Night or Date Night Out
Go bowling at Brian’s Bulldog Pizza & Bowling. It is a perfect indoor activity in Leavenworth, WA. When there is so much to do, like bowling and video games, you’ll easily stay busy while you wait for the rain to let up.
Another great idea for what to do in Washington when it is raining, you can drink some liquid courage and show off your singing skills at karaoke night at the Post Office Saloon. You will have a blast laughing and having fun!
Book a Stay at Pine River Ranch
One last idea for indoor activities in Leavenworth, WA, is to book a gorgeous rustic suite at our bed and breakfast! Order some wine and hand-dipped chocolate strawberries from the edibles menu. Sit back and enjoy a flat-screen TV with DIRECTV and movie channels. Spend the week in comfort and relaxation with our plush robes, divine linens, propane rock fireplaces, and jetted tubs. At Pine River Ranch, it feels like being at the spa but in your home away from home. Check our availability and book your luxurious getaway with us today!